This smoked Kipper Pate makes a good first course with hot toast. You can also use stuffing for hard-boiled eggs, as a topping for canapés or a tasty sandwich filling with lettuce. A delicious and convenient for a quick fix of healthy fish oil at the start of the day.
- (serves 4)
- 12-oz Stonnington Seafood Kipper Fillets
- 150 g Creme Fraiche.
- 1/3rd block Philadelphia Cheese.
- 2 tbs. butter.
- 1 tbs. Capers & juice.
- 1 tbs. Horseradish.
- 1 tsp Tabasco.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper.
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- 1 tbs Brandy or Whisky
- Bring a pan of water to boil, turn off the heat and put the thawed kippers in for six minutes. Remove from water and gently remove the meat from the skin. Be sure to remove the fin supporting bones in the middle of each fillet.
- Add the kipper meat and all liquid ingredients to a Cuisinart first and blend. Melt the butter first and then add all the other ingredients to the Cuisinart and blend until smooth.
- Spoon out into a bowl and either enjoy as a dip right away or cool for a pate in your refrigerator.