Smoke Master Richard Penfold, owner of Stonington Seafood, has established a reputation for consistent quality and his company has gained a growing reputation as one of the foremost artisanal smokehouses following authentic Scottish smoking traditions in USA. His fish-smoking knowledge began in the 1980s when he went to work his summers in Shetland Isles of Scotland. Richard’s Finnan Haddie was noticed by the late Johnny Apple of the New York Times.
Stonington Finnan Haddie is made from the thickest fillets of hook caught haddock, prepared from extra-large haddock from the World’s most responsible small-boat wild haddock fishery. Finnan Haddie is a unique product that carries a delicate flavor distinct from any other smoked seafood. It is a time-proven food and once tasted, is never forgotten. That is why so many families, for over a century, continue to cook Finnan Haddie for a special occasion or just a cozy comfort meal.
Watch a video below of the process of smoking the Haddock:
Please visit our shipping & returns page for more info on our commitment reduce plastic packaging waste 🌲
- Finnan Haddie is shipped frozen. Cook within 5 days or store frozen for up to 12 months.
- We ship Monday - Wednesday with guaranteed 2 day shipping.
- Ships in a eco-friendly biodegrable cooler box with dry ice & 100% drain safe ice/gel packs.
- Our Frozen Foods Shipping Rates: East Coast $25, Florida $35, Midwest $45, West & Mountain $62.
- All shipping rates are a flat package fee regardless of the order size.