- 4 Cups of all purpose flour
- 1 Cup Hamlyn's Scottish Porridge Oats & Bran
- 1.5 tbsp (15g) bicarbonate of soda
- 3.5oz blanched Hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons of honey or brown sugar
- 7-8 fl oz strong beer or stout
- 6.7 fl oz milk
- 5 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180F
- Mix the flour, porridge oats and bicarbonate of soda together to combine thoroughly.
- Add the honey or brown sugar and a good pinch of salt and mix again.
- Pour in your beer, milk or lemon juice and combine to form a nice dough.
- Put the dough into a lined loaf tin, then bake for 40 minutes or until hollow when tapped.
- Cool and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Hamlyns of Scotland Ltd & Contributor, Malcolm Gray