These smoked kippers are made from premium herring sourced from historic fisheries off Newfoundland, that have specialized in fat kipper herring for over a century. Shetland smoke masters used the same herring, exported from Halifax, back in the 1980’s when North Sea herring (aka silver darlings) weren’t running. The fillets are made in small batches without preservatives or artificial color and are not too salty. There are three or four smoked kippers per pack. Each pack has 2 servings.
Kippers and poached eggs are a traditional Scottish breakfast served on the side with toasted bread and a cup of Brodies Breakfast Tea.
Cooking Instructions: just float in boiled water for six minutes or bake in preheated oven 400F until sizzling – approximately 5 minutes.
“His kippers are equal if not better than the famous kippers from Loch Fyne in Scotland”
Peter Wilson, founder of Great Scot International
Please visit our shipping & returns page for more info on our commitment reduce plastic packaging waste 🌲
- Kippers are shipped frozen. Cook within 5 days or store frozen for up to 12 months.
- We ship Monday - Wednesday with guaranteed 2 day shipping.
- Ships in a eco-friendly biodegrable cooler box with dry ice & 100% drain safe ice/gel packs.
- Our Frozen Foods Shipping Rates: East Coast $25, Florida $35, Midwest $45, West & Mountain $62.
- All shipping rates are a flat package fee regardless of the order size.